Friday, October 1, 2010

Wildfire's Jeff Mills Wins Shootout


(Brampton, Ont., September 30, 2010) - Jeff Mills fired at every pin and it paid off for him today at the Head Professional Birdie Shootout. Mills, the Head Professional at Wildfire Golf Club made six birdies en route to clinching the inaugural Head Professional Birdie Shootout at Turnberry Golf Club.

"I played really aggressive today and it worked out quite well for me," said Mills, the older brother of Nationwide Tour player Jon Mills. "This event was probably the most fun I've ever had at a tournament, it's very relaxed and the pressure is really off if you're not on track for a birdie," added Mills, who took home just under $1,400 for his efforts.

The Birdie Shootout was designed to entice Head Professionals to come out and play in a fun a relaxed environment while still incorporating a competitive element. Unlike traditional stroke play events, players were only responsible for posting birdies on their scorecard.

"I think every player and the sponsors really had fun, I certainly saw and had a lot of laughs with my group and I hope more players will come out next year," added Mills, who played Turnberry for the first time today. "I didn't expect the course to be what it was and I can honestly say I am thoroughly impressed with the entire facility, its mind blowing," commented Mills.

A total of 45 Head Professionals toured Turnberry today in just under three hours. Notable finishes included Dennis Heimpel (Blackhorse), Dan Greenwood (Heron Point) and Brad Dove (Diamond Back) all posting four birdies a piece which put them in a tie for second. A total of 69 birdies were had on the day and each one was worth $144.

No comments: